Upcoming Events at the School
- Thursday, August 17th between 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m and Friday, August 18th between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.: Parents/Guardians are welcomed to visit the school with their child to meet Ms. Fenn, School Administrator
- Monday, August 28th is Parent-Student meet Teacher/Classroom Day: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 29th: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 7:45 a.m. school begins
PTO needs yours help to support Hartford PreK Magnet School and it's staff. Please volunteer to this cause. Additionally, there are two officer vacancies in the PTO (President and Treasurer). Please contact a PTO officer (their information is on the PTO Bulletin Board) for more information. You can also download the following form, complete and return to PTO Mail Box located in the school's Main Office. PTO Volunteer Form 03-2017
The events/workshops below take place either in the Auditorium or Room 13. Security Officer will direct you to correct location.
PTO Meeting on Tuesday, March 28th @3:00 p.m. in Room 13. Parents/Guardians: Please support the PTO to assist with various fundraising events that will continue until June 2017 to assist raising monies for end of year field trips, school field day and PreK4 ceremony. Pizza & water will be provided.
TERM #2 Parent-Teacher Conferences: Please sign up with your child'st teacher for specific date/time to meet:
- Thursday, March 16th from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 17th from 11:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (EARLY RELEASE DAY due to Teacher-Parent Conferences). Students are released at 11:15 a.m.; however, if your child attends YMCA program, student will be brought to YMCA program at 11:15 a.m.
PTO Fundraiser until Friday, March 24th to assist with end of year field trips and events: https://www.booster.com/hartford-prek
Week of March 6th – March 10th is Dr. Seuss Week: Each day, classrooms will read the featured Dr. Seuss book and participate in activities around the story’s theme. Students are encouraged to participate by wearing clothes or accessories to match the theme.
Monday - Wear green anything and everything can be green, no uniform required
Tuesday - Silly Socks, with uniform
Wednesday - Wacky/Mismatch Clothes, no uniform required
Thursday - Hat, with uniform
Friday - Pajamas
FEBRUARY 2017 school calendar:
cancelled: Wednesday, February 8th @5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Parent Workshop: "Knowing Your Rights as Parents"
- Friday, February 17th @5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. PTO Valentine's Dance Fundraiser. This fundraiser will raise monies for field trips and school events. Donation is $7.00 per family. Children can wear a party dress for the event. Volunteers are needed. Please contact PTO member: Maria Harrison at via phone at 860-841-4678 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are available for purchase Monday through Friday, 2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. starting Feb. 1st to Feb. 10th where parents/guardians pick up their children.
- Tuesday, February 14th from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Hartford Pathway to Kindergarten Fair: PreK4 families will have the opportunity to meet school representatives from Hartford magnet schools that are considered pathways. This will take place in Room 13 at the school.
- Monday, February 20th: No school President's Day
- Tuesday, February 21st: No School due to district-based full day Professional Development for staff
- Friday, January 6th: No school Three King's Day
- Wednesday, January 11th: Early Release @11:15 a.m. due to HPS District-Wide Professional Development; YMCA students go directly to YMCA after school is released at 11:15 a.m.
- Thursday, January 12th from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. "I'm Glad I'm Me: Developing Self-Esteem in your Child" workshop. This workshop will be presented by Ms. Judith Fagan, HPS Welcome Center Parent Advocate. I am Glad I am Me worksheets and http://www.pbs.org/wholechild/providers/glad.html
- Friday, January 13th @8:15 a.m. 1st Parent Cafe. To register or for more information contact Susan Sarmiento: email@example.com or call (860) 212-7952.
- Monday, January 16th: No school Martin Luther King Day
Wednesday, January 25th f rom 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Executive Functioning workshop: Executive function and self-regulation skills are the mental processes that enable us to plan, focus attention, remember instructions, and juggle multiple tasks successfully. Children aren’t born with these skills, but they are born with the potential to develop them. In this workshop, parents/guardians will learn what executive functions are and how to support development of these functions in their child. Child care will be available. Please respond via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend noting how many children you have to assure we have proper childcare coverage.
CANCELLED: Monday, January 23rd @3:00 p.m. PTO Meeting: Pizza will be provided in Room #13. Volunteers are needed. Please contact PTO member: Maria Harrison at via phone at 860-841-4678 or email at email@example.com. Rescheduled date will be forthcoming.
- Winter Concert: Friday, December 23rd in the Auditorium: Pre-K 3 concert will take place from 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. and Pre-K 4 concert will take place from 10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- Family Workshop on Friday, December 9th at 11:30 a.m. This 1-hour workshop will have a licensed dietician from Shop Rite discuss peanut-free alternatives for healthy and exciting snacks and lunches. There will be a snack demonstration that is prepared for parents/guardians to help, make and try. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP. Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/healthy-and-fun-snacking-for-young-children-tickets-29207119280?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing
- Wednesday, December 7th is Early Release @11:15 a.m. due to HPS Professional Development Day (please see SY2016-2017 district calendar); there will be YMCA program after students are released at 11:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 23rd @ 10:15 a.m. Thanksgiving Feast in the cafeteria. Please touch base with your child's teacher to obtain sign up form to volunteer to bring a dish or place settings. Early Release at 11:15 a.m. - no YMCA care on this day due to district-wide early release for long-holiday weekend.
- The first PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 22nd @5:00 p.m. at the school. We want to welcome as many parents/guardians at this first PTO to make you aware of different opportunities you have as a parent/guardian to volunteer in assisting the PTO during this school year. PTO Board is looking forward to meeting you on November 22nd.
- LASERs Water Family Workshop: Tuesday, November 15th 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. in Ms. O'Donnell's PreK4 classroom. No prior registration is required.
HPS 2016-2017 District Mandated Assessment testings for PreK3 & PreK4: FALL September 12th through October 7th: DIAL-4; WINTER: November 28th - December 23rd Reading Screen; SPRING: April 24 - May 19 DIAL-4, Reading Screen, PreK4 Get Ready to Read
Teacher-Parent Conferences: 3 times per year
Please communicate with your child's teacher to sign-up for specific date/times noted below when the conferences will be taking place:
1a. Thursday, December 8th from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
1b. Friday, December 9th from 11:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (EARLY RELEASE DAY due to Teacher-Parent Conferences)
2a. Thursday, March 16th from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
2b. Friday, March 17th from 11:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (EARLY RELEASE DAY due to Teacher-Parent Conferences)
3a. Thursday, May 18th from 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
3b. Friday, May 19th from 11:45 a.m. - 3: 00 p.m. (EARLY RELEASE DAY due to Teacher-Parent Conferences)
PTO fundraiser event with Lyman Orchard - pie selling
Start date: Monday, November 14, 2016 through through Monday, November 28, 2016.
The pies will be delivered to the school on Tuesday, December 20th. Please contact the Main Office if you are able to assist in delivering the pies to respective classrooms on December 20th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.