Welcome Parents & Guardians to Hartford Pre-Kindergarten Magnet School
Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Pick-Ups and Drop Offs:
Students and Parents enter through Hartford Pre-Kindergarten Magnet entrance on Cornwall Street.
Park in off-street parking without blocking driveways of the private homes.
Drop-off: 7:45 a.m.
Pick-up: 2:45 p.m.
1. Bring a pillow and sheet for nap time: these are brought home on Fridays to wash and bring back clean on Monday mornings.
2. Snacks: contact your child's teacher for details on snacks in the specific room (REMINDER: Peanut-free school)
3. At all times: an extra uniform change of clothing must be in your child's locker or cubby.
4. YMCA after school day care: applications need to be delivered to YMCA Albany Avenue before first day of school for YMCA to put you on the list for before and/or after school daycare. Please contact YMCA Albany Avenue directly.
5. Regarding instructional supplies & Teacher assignment: your child's specific teacher will give you an update on what supplies will be needed for your child's specific classroom.
It is important your child is at school every day, and on time. However, we know that once in a while you may have extenuating circumstances that cause you to bring your child tardy to school, or, needing to pick him/her up prior to 2:45 p.m. If this is the case, please note the following:
- If you are picking up prior to 2:45 p.m., please make sure to send an email upon dropping off your child in the a.m. to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reminder: Early Dismissals should only be for emergency situations and not for the convenience of the parent/guardian. Please be mindful that between 2:30 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. our students are finalizing the day in the classroom and interruptions should not occur at that time.
- Late arrivals: Send an email to email@example.com noting reason for tardiness. Sign your child with School Security Officer or Main Office staff. As with early pick-ups, tardies should be an exception, not the norm, as school begins at 7:45 a.m. Parents/Guardians will need to coordinate to assure student is at school every day on time.
- Hartford Public Schools (HPS) attendance policy. Please make sure to review so you are aware about district attendance requirements for students. If your child will be absent, please make sure to send an email with reason for absence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent/Guardian will need to make sure the form is completed correctly on CREC website. Any questions regarding the reimbursement and completing the form should be directed at the phone number and email address noted on the CREC link.
Families who are eligible to receive a CREC Transportation stipend: the deadline is Wednesday, May 31, 2017 to submit the online form for reimbursement. Retroactive requests will not be accepted.
- The form for reimbursement is located here “ : Parent/Guardian Transportation Reimbursement Form
- Following is the link to the CREC Guidelines which explains eligibility and rules/regulations for Transportation.
2 common scenarios for eligibility are as follows:
- Suburban PK families who transport their child to school
- Families outside the CREC Transportation zone who DO NOT use the Centralized drop-off location for the entire year, but transport directly to the school.
(more information for eligibility is listed in the guidelines http://www.crec.org/transportation/docs/Guidelines.pdf
It is the parent's responsibility to send their child to school in the school uniform daily. Students will wear a red polo shirt and navy blue pants, skirt, or jumper. If your child is not in uniform, you will be told to change your child into uniform or you will be called to school to bring the proper attire. A student cannot participate in the program without a school uniform.
- Please remember to send in appropriate clothing for the weather.
- Students will play outside unless it is below 32 degrees, snowing, or raining.
- Students are required to wear a jacket in the cool weather in order to play outside.
- If you are in need of a jacket, please let your child's teacher know or stop by the Main Office so we can assist you.
Fire Drill: In the event of fire, we will exit through the Hartford Pre-Kindergarten Magnet doorway. We will take a left down the ramp and wait on the sidewalk on Chatham Street until the all clear is given. Our teachers and their staff will take roll and monitor children during the evacuation. Additional staff will ensure all have evacuated in a safe and timely manner.
Lockdown: The Hartford Pre-Kindergarten Magnet School follows the Hartford Public Schools Guidelines for Lockdown/Emergency Situations.
In the event that an emergency evacuation is necessary, the Hartford Pre- Kindergaren Magnet School's refuge is Rawson Elementary School on Holcomb Street. Should the need ever arise, school officials contact families as soon as all children are safely transported and accounted for.
YMCA Program for SY17-18:
- Program is from 2:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the school.
- Application must be completed and dropped off at: 444 Albany Avenue, Hartford, CT
- If you need financial assistance for the YMCA program, please contact YMCA
- YMCA will contact you directly to confirm that your child is in the YMCA program.